Edit your existing email account to work with ConnectNC Encrypted Email Service
- Click the File tab.
- Click on the account you want to edit.
- Click the Account Settings button.
- Click the Account Settings drop down item.
- When the Account Settings window comes up, click the appropriate account and click “Change.”
- Verify or Change your Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to mail.yourdomain.com and uncheck the box next to Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked. Replace “yourdomain.com” with your actual domain name.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Make sure a check appears in the checkbox next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and click the radio button next to “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the Outgoing server port is 465 (25 may also work).
- Next to “Use the following type of encryption connection,” choose Auto.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Send a test message for encrypted and unencrypted, to make sure each is working as expected. Make certain to use #Secure (not case sensitive) in the subject line when sending a secure message. You may also designate another tag for secure sending.
Refer to this article about sending an encrypted message: Send Encrypted Email